Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.04.2014

That's what I get for caving in.

So, yesterday I had to swing by to help out  with one of my daughters girl scout cookie sales.  It was just my girls and my wife, and, well...nature was calling, but my wife didn't want to have to pack everything back in the car, and she couldn't just leave the girls in front of the drug store alone...so I drove down and helped stand there a few minutes.

Now, as much as I have been pushing Girl Scout Cookies, I have been tough this year.  I'm actually losing weight right now...and so, I have not had a single cookie yet this year.  Not one.

Meanwhile, at the booth sale yesterday...I stared at the last box of Tagalongs(the chocolate covered peanut butter ones)...hard.  But in the end, I was able to resist.

I was so proud of myself that when I my turn was over, and I bopped into the store to pick up a few things, I decided to reward myself.  I spotted an intriguing idea in with the Easter Candy...a White Chocolate Covered Carrot Cake Egg. 

Soul crushing disappointment followed.


It was not very good.

In fact, I don't know when I am going to be brave enough to eat carrot cake again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment