Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.05.2013

The disappoinment of reality.

One of the neat things about moving into a house over the winter is the excitement of getting to see what type of things are going to show up in your yard the first spring. 

Case in point is this cute little 'Fairy Ring' that showed up in our backyard in February.

 
After two months of anticipation, reality has set in, and that 'Cute Fairy Ring(my wife's terminology), has turned into the World's Saddest Tulips.
 
 
 
 
After however many years of being relatively uncared for, and something eating the holy heck out of them this spring, my wife want out and looked at the 4 blooming flowers and told me I can mow them down whenever I want to.  


Kind of has me hoping that the vine we hope is wisteria on our back porch turns out to be wisteria.   

1 comment:

  1. Dig them up and replant them in the place of your choice, WITH a healthy heaping pile of bone meal for each bulb. Might take them a year to recover.

    ReplyDelete