Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.14.2013

Almost ready

Completed the next big step on the raised garden beds yesterday, getting them all laid out.  Somewhere along the line, my wife said 'You know what would be nice...gravel paths in between each bed, so we don't need to worry about keeping the grass short in between.'

It was a good observation...and she was right, that would be nice.


Somewhere along the line, it turns out my math skills were lacking.  I initially calculated that it would take about 6 cubic feet of gravel for the walkway's...it's ended up take about 10...and I would still like to add some more if I get a chance.

Now, to fill the beds.  I'm not sure if moles are a big problem in the Tri-Cities area, but I might line each bed with chicken wire just in case.  Then, I will place paper bags/cardboard in each bed to smother the grass, and then cover it with dirt...well, dirt and compost.  And fresh chicken poop. 

I'm hoping to have it ready to receive by next weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment