Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.28.2013

Dark Thirty O'clock.

Historically, I haven't had a problem falling asleep.  I think it's something I got pretty good at in the Navy...you didn't wait up for scheduled drills, you just closed your eyes and went to sleep.  If you got half-an-hour, cool...one hour, better.  It was also funny how your brain learned to filter noises and keep you asleep...the first few underways, every announcement or alarm woke me up.  After about 6 months, I started being able to sleep through routine announcements or things like the diving alarm.

My problem is that once I am awake, I am awake.  Certain body process get rolling, and I know that no matter how much tossing and turning I do, my bladder is NOT going to let me fall back to sleep.  Then once I'm up for that, my back usually tightens up, and my cats try tripping me if I don't feed them, and...then I might as well start a load of laundry, and...yeah.  Basically, once I am awake, I can count on being awake for at least an hour before my body will let me fall back to sleep.

So...yeah, I hope that when they catch the bastard who 'allegedly' has kidnapped his one year old son in Kalispell, Montana, that they string him up from the newest flagpole.  I'm awake right now because they think they might be headed for Washington, and the Amber Alert that got sent to my caused me to think that the world might be ending, meaning I am well and truly awake before 4AM on Sunday.  Luckily, I might be back asleep by 5...and now I have that time to figure out what I am going to get my mom for her 60th Birthday next weekend...

1 comment:

  1. Excellent story. I hereby grant that you are now an honorary ogre. Grats!

    Good luck with the mother gift. I never know about that. The thought really is the most important for them, but when you sneak in something they really like? Golden.

    ReplyDelete