Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.04.2013

That's...unanticipated.

Earlier this afternoon, I had some time to kill, so I swung into Ranch and Home to look at chicken supplies.  While I was there, I decided I would take a look at .243 ammo since I bought my daughter Santa brought my daughter that Rossi Trifecta for Christmas, and I don't currently own any .243 ammo. 

I haven't bought ammo for a while.  I'm not saying I had a bottomless supply, but I do have enough .22, 9mm, .38/357, .223, 7.62 X 39 and, yes, even .35 Whelen, that I haven't had to think about buying ammo for close on a year.  I have heard horror stories about $40 a box .22, but I haven't seen it, because I haven't been looking. 

Well...I saw it today, not the $40 a box .22, because they didn't have any of that...BUT, I was stunned to see that they only had 2 boxes of .243...and both of them were in the $38-$40 a box price range.

Good Gosh...last time I was shopping for ammo, I could get some premium 7mm Rem Mag ammo for that price...and still have enough left over for a box of .22. 

Guess my daughter is going to get some more practice with the .22 and 20ga barrels before she gets to try the .243. 

No comments:

Post a Comment