Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.25.2013

Pot Update!

No, not that kind of pot, even if it is legal now.  Way back in the middle of February, when I got tired of waiting for spring, I planted a few pots of seeds.  Lacking a true green house, I moved them into the garage on cold nights(although, I'm not sure they stayed much warmer in there).  Now at about the 8 week point, I figure it's time for an update.



 
 
From top to bottom, there is a 'lettuce variety', kale, and spinach.  I also have a pot of Swiss chard, but, well...the one problem I have with my Droid 4 is the camera is not always the best.  It looks like fuzzy Swiss chard, which means right now it looks like the spinach with some red streaks on it.
 
I put A LOT of seeds in each pot.  I have done a few rounds of thinning already, and I will probably need to do at least one more, especially in the lettuce.  But...now things are at the point where I can 'thin' the lettuce and put it on a sandwich. 
 
 I'll admit, it has taken a bit longer to get to this point than I thought, but the spring has been a little more grey than usual in Eastern Washington.  That is changing now though.  We are expecting sunny and 78-82 the next few days.  I expect these greens are just about getting ready to explode. 
 
The good thing with pots, is once the full heat of summer is here, I can try to move the to a shady area to keep them from bolting.  I also intended to turn right around and use the same pots to get a fall crop of greens also.  

No comments:

Post a Comment