Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.06.2013

Got the easy part done.

Last year, we moved into our rental house in the spring, and I rushed, rushed, rushed to get a garden area set up.  Because of the time crunch, and some corners I had to cut, I had a major weed/grass issue in the garden. 

This year, rather than mess with that, problem, I have decided to start with raised beds, hoping the fresh dirt reduces the weed problem.  Today, I started AND finished building the garden bed frames.


I wish I could take credit for them, but while I did put them together, the fact is, it was a kit I bought from Home Depot...and it was truthfully the easiest home assembly I've ever done.  The only tool required is a drill/screw driver, and that is just to attach the little square caps on each corner piece. 

Now comes the hard part.  Some math shows me that filling all 4 beds will take roughly 1.5 cubic yards of dirt/soil/compost and I will need another 7 or so cubic feet of gravel to make nice walkways in between the beds.  The walkways were added by my wife since the beds went together 'so easily'. 

I should have drug the assembly out a little longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment