Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.10.2013

I love that woman.


A few weeks ago, as Passover was approaching Safeway had a pretty good deal on Matzos.  Normally $3.50 Or so a box, I found some bulk packaged and on sale for $6 for 5 boxes.  Score...so I bought some.

Now, for those who are thinking matzos ball sound, Matzos itself is used differently.  Essentially a big, dry cracker I have always used it to make Fried Matzo(or Matzo Brei if you want to get all ethnic about it.  Looked simply, it's Jewish French Toast.  You run the matzo  under some water to get it a bit damp, then crumble it in a bowl.  Add about one egg per matzo, and mix it all up good.  Then you cook it in a buttered skillet, salt it, and put some honey on it.

It's about 16,000 times better than gefilte fish, and every bit as much comfort food as matzo ball soup.

Yesterday, my wife calls me and says: If you stop at Safeway on the way home, pick up more matzo.  She said they had the 5 packs I was excited to get for $5.99 on clearance for $1.99.  She had bought all 4 they had on display, but thought it might be worth swinging in and checking if more had been put out to buy.

 
That is the sweetest thing she has done this week...


No comments:

Post a Comment