Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.08.2013

Maybe he was wrong.

Once upon a time, my seldom spoke of ex-step-dad(he was a really good guy up to the point where he cheated on my mom) told me, 'Greg...there are two kinds of beer in the world...Cold, and Free'.

I used to be a bit of a beer snob, and he told me this after I came home on leave once and was making fun of him for drinking MGD. 

His point was valid, and many is the time I have run his words through my head when I have been at a cookout or party and found myself forced to drink a less than premium brew, because, well...it was free, AND cold.

It doesn't always work though, and over the weekend I was reminded of that.  Friday, on the way home from work, I took a flyer and picked up a 6-pack of Shock Top's Honeycrisp Apple Wheat Beer.

I was unimpressed.  I like hard ciders....and I like wheat beers, like Shock Top, and Blue Moon...I just didn't like the way it tasted together in this beer.  In fact, I liked it so little, that I have decided it's not worth the calories. 

I didn't throw it out through...I moved it to the bottom shelf of the fridge, and I will still use the remainging bottles for something like cooking brats in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment