Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.13.2012

I can't see the difference, but I'm willing to look harder...

As a father of two daughters, who used to be somewhat athletically minded, I am on the lookout for sports I think my daughters would enjoy.  I have tried to talk them into soccer, and soft ball, but so far they haven't shown much interest in organized sports.  My older one likes her 'Girls on the Run', but my younger one really doesn't have the patience to play anything requiring more coordination than Calvinball. 

I had already dismissed the Lingerie Football League as a valid choice(well, they are only 9 and 6), but, hey...Bikini Hockey, that's entirely different! 

At least that's what the founder of the league would have us believe...

Oh, luckily I have about 8 years to see if it is going to catch on before I even need to worry about my oldest daughter wearing a bikini. My wife and I have already laid down that law...nothing more revealing than a tank top and boy shorts until she is 18...

That's the kind of rule you have no trouble backing your wife on when you think about what kind of guy you used to be...

1 comment:

  1. I have no children at this point but it has been on my mind. The more it I think about it the more I think how things will change being a father. While I can only empathize, at this point, I sure wish you luck with that. My brother has two daughters too, so... I have thought about it. I remember Danzig's song Mother. That is sort of how I used to be. Ugh...

    Payback or pre-training? :p

    ReplyDelete