Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.31.2012

Hooray for The Arts. And Hypocrisy

Being a big fan of movie trailers and spoilers, I was all over the fact that the trailer for Les Miserable(due out December 14th) 'dropped' yesterday.





My initial impression is 'yes please'.  I'm not going to say that Miss Hathoway's voice is perfect...she certainly doesn't feel 'big' enough project into a live theater....but for the screen, I think that will do nicely.  Much better than some drunk girl at karaoke(not that I would mind running into Anne Hathoway drunk at karaoke, but that's a topic for another time).  No footage of Jackman or Crowe singing, but you can find that elsewhere, and I think they will both do fine.

In short, there is nothing to convince me that I don't want to see this movie in December, which could make me a hypocrite unless I cave on something else with my wife in the next few weeks.

She is really interested in going to see the new movie 'Rock of Ages' that comes out soon, a new musical based off hairbands in the late 80's, early 90's.(see the unbiased nature I present?  Her movie gets a link, mine gets a clip).

I told her it looks neat, but that there is no reason to pay $10 to go see a movie that's 'just singing' in the theaters, when it will be just as good at home.  We should try to save our movie theater money for movies with explosions and transforming robots, since they are 'different on the big screen.'

Hopefully, she will forget that before December when this movie, which is 'just singing' comes out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment