Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.08.2012

Gonna get kicked out...

Well, The Avengers had the biggest movie opening EVER this weekend(not adjusted for inflation or the insane price of 3D tickets), taking in over $200 Million domestically.

And I didn't go see it.  I'm quite afraid that that means I should expect a registered letter to be delivered today revoking my geek card. 

I wonder if they will stay my sentence if I break out the dice and roll up a few D&D characters today, and promise to see it this week.  By all accounts, it is everything everyone hoped it would be...

1 comment:

  1. I dunno. Then again I'm a bit older than you, so maybe I get a grumpy old man pass? I just don't want to watch anything Hollywood produces, and I seriously doubt it would even, in my estimation, be worth sitting through a free airing. And more, I hate giving hollywood a dime, especially right before elections.

    If they come for my geek card, they better be prepared to roll three natural twenties in a row. Besides, remember what they said about playing games with a wookie? Yeah, well. I'm not just a geek.

    ymmv

    ReplyDelete