Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.20.2012

And we've reached the end...

Packing things up this morning to head home.  It's been a good little mini-vacation.

Time is a funny thing.  As you are living life, things sometimes seem to take forever...for instance...listening to the kids complain about how bored they are because there is no TV, and the only brought a back pack full of toys/books seemed to eat up much more of the time than hanging out on the dock, fishing for rainbow trout.


I just know that as I sit here typing this, I'm also looking out the window at the sheet of glass calm lake...and I don't want to go home.  The world is back there.  With great foresight, I took Monday off work also, so I don't need to jump right back into 'The Grind'...but the Real World is back there. 

Since losing my wife's favorite NPR station an hour and a half out of Richland, I haven't made any attempt to keep up on the news, other than what we read in the Ferry County View(Hey look, the football team made $8,000 for new uniforms at a Cinco de Mayo Taco Feed!). 

But, we need to go back...we cut things a little close on the amount of food and sundries we brought with us.  We have just enough pop tarts for the girls this morning, and two English muffins the wife and I.  We need to have hot cocoa with our breakfast, because we are out of milk. 

More importantly, I'm sure our 25 pound cat ate the three days worth of food I left him about 4 hours after we were gone. 

And yes, an hour into the drive, when my children are bouncing out of their seats, because they had pop-tarts and hot chocolate for breakfast, I will be trying to find a way to blame it on my wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment