Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.20.2011

Well, it's a week late....

The Tri-Cities Herald had a story today(albeit a short one) about how 'Atlas Shrugged, Pt. 1' is going to beginning showing at one of the movie theaters in Kennewick this weekend.

This is a good thing, because prior to this, it was at least 120 mile drive to Spokane or even further to one to the Puget Sound area to see this movie.

On the other hand, this is kind of a bummer thing, because our Movie Date Night was last weekend...although truth be told, I think there is a better than even chance that 'Hanna' was a more enjoyable movie than 'Atlas Shrugged' might be.

My wife pointed out that the Worlds Greatest Nana is coming for a visit this weekend, and it is almost 100% certain that if we asked, she would have not problem with us going out to see a movie.  It just doesn't feel right to me asking her to stay home and watch the kids one of the two nights she is going to get to see us in the next month or two.

Nope...I pretty much have already relegated 'Atlas Shrugged' to the Wait for Video Category.  If I feel the need to 'Vote with my Wallet', then I will by the DVD instead of renting it.  Even if my mom volunteered to watch the girls this weekend, I still can't say my wife and I would go see this movie...the urge to do something hip and cool like karaoke might be overwhelming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment