Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.19.2011

Never Bet Against A Sicilian When Death Is On The Line

So, last night, for some reason only another married couple would truly understand, the pre-nighty-night conversation between my wife and I ended up on the subject of 'Gidget'.  I think it's because she said she was no Ann Margret, but I said she could be a young Sally Fields. 

Of course, something like this can't be taken just for the compliment it was meant to be.  It turned into a discussion of which 'Gidget' I liked better...Sally Fields, or one of the ones that came earlier.  Obviously having learned no lessons in the previous 10 years of our marriage, I took the stand that no one had played Gidget prior to Sally Fields, going as far as to bet my wife a quarter, and public acknowledgment if she was right.

Today, she presented me with the evidence that not one, not two, but THREE actresses had previously played Gidget before Sally Fields played the part on T.V.  Now, if I was a glutton for punishment, I would plead with the court that my bet with her covered Gidget on T.V., and not in movies, but sometimes it is better to wave the white flag, and admit your wife is right.

For the record, now that I have been presented with all the evidence, I have to say that I find 'Sandra Dee' Gidget a bit easier on the eyes than Sally Fields.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment