Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.23.2011

Oh yeah, it's always like that here...

Yesterday morning, right on time, the World's Best Nana' touched down at the Pasco airport.  She was met by my wife and girls, who quickly ran off with her to have breakfast at The Spudnut Shop, The Oldest Coffee Shop in Richland.  Their big claim to fame is making their doughnuts with potato flour, which does give a subtly different flavor and mouth feel.  They are tasty, but what doughnut isn't?  I would say they are better than a store brand, much better than Krispy Kreme(not a fan of them at all), and better than a fresh Dunkin's Donut.  However, at the risk of being voted out of the Tri-cities, they are not as good as Larry & Kristi's in Bremerton, or as good as Voodoo Donuts in Portland. 

Following a healthy breakfast, my wife and kids commenced operation Sell Nana on Richland(not that breakfast wasn't part of the plan).  You see...my wife and I are both of the opinion that sooner or later, the World's Best Nana is going to end up living with us, which is fine...welcome even.  As we look at our options for housing out here, one of the things we keep in mind if at the minimum a spare room for Nana...something like a mother-in-law's suite downstairs would be even better.  At this time, my mom isn't quite ready to pack it yet, and I don't blame her.  She enjoys her job(or at least the people she works with) and her friends. 

That's not going to stop us from trying to show her how nice things are here. 

SWMBO and the kids took her to some antique stores, and then they went to one of the local parks, so the kids could play.  The weather did it's best to convince my mom, it being clear, calm and about 64.  When I got home, we went out for dinner, at the Atomic Ale Brew Pub.  It's one of our more favorite restaurants in town, and I couldn't very well go without getting a growler of their Seaborgium 106 Scottish Ale.  Tasty stuff.  It will go good with ham tomorrow.

Today, there is more wining and dining, especially wining.  I volunteered to stay home with the youngin's, while my wife and mom went out cruising some of the local wineries...Bernard-Griffin, Goose Ridge, and maybe a few others.  Once again, the weather is cooperating, even more so...it's expected to top out at about 70 today.  Meanwhile I sacrifice at home. 

If  my sacrifice was fully appreciated, they would stop at Black Heron Distillery, and pick me up a bottle of Ink Vodka. 

No comments:

Post a Comment