Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.12.2011

Happy Birthday, Beautiful!

In the past, on this blog, I wished a happy birthday to many talented, beautiful women, such as Sophia Loren, Raquel Welch, and Better Midler.  One of the things I often stress with these women is how gracefully they have aged, and as a corollary to that, how they do not appear to be their calendar ages. 

Today, we welcome to their ranks a very special woman...none other than SWMBO...my wife. 


This picture was taken two weeks ago as we waited for a bus, in Portland.  Notice the effective use of time.  She had the foresight to pack some crocheting to work on while we waited.  Me?  I had to chase pigeons to occupy myself.  





For as long a I can remember, she has looked younger than her actual age.  I on the other hand, due to grey hair going in on my goatee about age 29, have looked older.  This was especially obvious when she was pregnant with our 2nd daughter.  She was 26 going on 19, while I was 31 going on 42...I used to get some very critical looks walking into the doctors office with her.  The looks became 'burst into flame' glares when she revealed she already had a 4 year old at the baby-sitters. 

Even now, if we happen to go out someplace and she decides to wear a minimum amount of makeup, she looks more like an older sister than a mom.

I'm truly a luck man.  If I had a larger following, I would attempt some sort of 'guess her age' poll to rub in how young and beautiful she is...but all the would do is emphasize how lucky I am that she chose me.








Happy 31st Birthday, babe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment