Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.10.2011

Uniquely Hilarious

Or Hilariously Unique.  Either way it quite perfectly describes the movie my wife and I watched last night...the 'mockumentary' Best in Show.

I enjoyed this movie WAY more than I thought I would, and my wife deserves 100% of the credit.  Other times we had discussed watching this movie, I usually got my 'who farted?' look, and we would agree on something else...not nearly enough guns, explosions, or fart jokes to be something I would be interested in watching.  Luckily, my wife is stubborn.  Last night she decided to start watching it, and I said fine...you go ahead and watch it, I'll just play on the computer.  About 5 minutes into the movie, the computer got a lot less interesting. 

It seems a very limiting plot idea for a movie...follow the lives of several different, very diverse people as they get themselves, and their dogs, ready for a very prestigious dog show.  It's not the plot we are here to watch though...it's the actors, a veritable Who's Who 'Oh That Guys!' and 'Look, it's Her's!'.  And they all do such an amazing job that it's almost painful to watch...because you KNOW these people are out there in the real world. 

Watching bad things happen to Jason Stratham's characters is okay, because that person doesn't exist.  Seeing Eugene Levy end up sleeping in a utility room because his credit card is cancelled is not.  But, because it is Eugene Levy, it's funny. 

I give this movie 4.5 stars...if it could stay as funny as it was, but add in a few explosions, than it would have gotten 5 stars. 

1 comment:

  1. 2 TV series' for you to check out: DaVinci's Inquest, and The Unusuals. I may have already recommended The Unusuals, it was the last series I bothered to watch faithfully. EVERYBODY seems to like "Best in Show, " but I haven't gotten around to it yet - and I'm a dog person!

    ReplyDelete