Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.11.2011

Wonderful Weather...wish it wouldn't change.

Not to talk about something as mundane as the weather, but the last two days here have been pretty close to perfect...sunny and 78-80 degrees.  I would enjoy it more, if I wasn't the type to dwell on things.  In this case I am dwelling on the fact that while this would have been a Beautiful Summer Day back in Belfair, it's only the beginning of May, and we have 20-25 degrees to go before we top out. 

Living on the Kitsap Peninsula, I would estimate there were maybe 20 days a year the temperature was over 80 degrees...I am not sure I am ready for a summer where you have those 20 days in the bag prior to the end of June.  It was one of my concerns with taking this job...not being able to handle the hot, hot summers.

Thank gosh for A/C...we've already run it the last two nights to help me fall asleep.  I'm one miserable SOB if it's hot or stuffy when I am trying to sleep.  There are some summer nights my wife has slept on the couch so she doesn't need to listen to me toss, turn , pout and whimper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment