Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.26.2011

And that's why we never say never...

This last Sunday, after church and lunch with my boss, we went out to a highly recommended used appliance store to look at washers and dryers for the new apartment.

While the new apartment has more square footage than the one we are moving out of, it actually seems to have less 'pantry' space.  To combat that, we decided to look at stacking washers and dryers so that we could move one of our shelving units into the laundry room, and use the space saved by buying stacking appliances to make up for lost pantry space.

Groovy.  We found a unit we liked, and the price seemed good, a Kenmore unit for 50% off what it would have cost for the same thing brand new at Sears.  You had the choice between a 30-day warranty(where you bring the machine to them) or a 60-day where they come to you.  Having had to use our service plan on our own Kenmore's in the house more than once(we seem to like to run BIG loads) we splurged for the 60-day warranty.

After buying the washer/dryer, I still found myself at the laundromat Sunday afternoon.  Upon returning home I almost jumped on the computer and bragged about how I stoked I was because I was NEVER going to have to go to the laundromat again.

Good thing I didn't.  The washer/dryer were delivered and installed on Tuesday, and today I went over to do our first load in the new apartment(yeah, living in one, doing laundry in the other...that 'living the dream' enough for you?).  After 45-minutes, I swung back over to move the wash into the dryer...and...hey, look...a puddle under the new washing machine.  Yay!

So, depending on how long it takes them to fix my leaking machine, I might be back at the laundromat Friday morning.

And that's why we don't brag, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment