Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.02.2011

My madness has passed...

After sitting around doing some talking with my wife last night, and doing some research on the internet machine, we have decided that the urge to buy the double wide and an acre we looked at yesterday is a controllable urge...if barely.

There are comparable properties out there, maybe not as cheap, but in our price range.  While these exact properties might not be available in another year, there will be similar properties, and with the economy being what it is, it is unlikely that these similar properties will cost any more than they are selling for now.

Sigh...it would have been nice, but realistically, I think even Mr. Heinlein would have counseled me to wait until my other house sold prior to doing anything drastic.  It's been 5 months now, and has every sign that we could be in for a long wait.

One final decision that my wife made for me helped me make is that I need to stop looking at houses for sale...period.  No cruising the internet, no driving through neighborhoods in a dreamy manner...just stop for at least 6 months, or when our house sells, which ever takes longer.

I am too weak to resist, which is the same reason I will walk out the wrong door at grocery stores to avoid girl scout cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment