Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.31.2011

A good time was had by all...

Doesn't seem right...2.5 days of camping, 1 full day of recovery. While I am glad we are going to have more storage space in our laundry room for pantry stuff courtesy of our stackable washer/dryer, I see problems catching up if we ever let our laundry back-load get too big.  I've been 'spoiled' by laundromat machines that you can pack stuff in on...with our stackable unit, I have done 7 loads today, and will have to do 2 more today.

Still and all, a full days laundry and sorting is worth it for the good time we had at family camp.

There was plenty(maybe even too much) for the kids to do....a nice playground and all kinds of activities.  Our youngest developed a huge crush on the zip line and the rock wall, while the older daughter enjoyed the more passive pursuits...arts, crafts, sidewalk art and snuggling with mommy and daddy.



Not all my time was spent at the camp...I was convinced by one of my friends to go for a ride early Saturday morning to do some driving/scouting.  It was worthwhile...the wife and kids were still sleeping, so it's not like I gave up some family time.  We saw a couple of deer, 4 or 5 elk, and a whole mess of yearling Big Horn Sheep having their breakfast.


Makes me want to apply for my Big Horn tag...nice to see the imported population is doing well.

Sunday was more of the same...more games, more playing, more sub-par food(but lots of it!) ...and another drive to look for animals.  Since this drive took place at 1pm instead of 6AM, we had less opportunity to enjoy the wildlife.  In fact, the only thing that stood still long enough to have it's picture taken was this elk we found while walking around:


Yummy.  As much as Brigid's website makes me wish we had a 'smell' function, this picture should make you happy it doesn't.  Things were still a little bit juicy.  Yuck. 

We got to meet some good folks, and make a lot of new acquaintances in the church...sort of forced interaction.  My wife learned how to play Hearts...and I got to watch my kids enjoy themselves.

They have already asked if we get to go back next year, so I guess that is a good sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment