Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.13.2011

Networking!

In a bit I'm heading out the door to attend the Ducks Unlimited Tr-Cities Luau Dinner/Auction.  Our company is sponsoring 2 tables, and so my boss, whom I have hunted with times for elk and deer, offered me one of the seats. 

While neither of us is much into(as in at ZERO) duck hunting, I am a big supporter of wetlands conservation.  I also respect the shotgun as a useful tool, even if my idea of an ideal shotgun is a $300 12ga pump gun, and not a $3000 Browning Citori Ultra O/U.  Therefor, I don't feel like a total hypocrite for attending and eating, drinking, and making merry on the Company's dime. 

As for the ducks...I don't feel bad for them.  I am certain that I will donate WAY more to the raffles and auctions than I will consume at the buffet line and open bar.  Well, maybe not the open bar...depends on what kind of Top Shelf stuff they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment