Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.27.2011

Family Camp!

This weekend, we are heading up into the hills a bit...the church we have been attending has a Family Retreat Camp this weekend.  It sounded like a very neat idea, 2 months ago when we signed up for it.

It still sounds like a neat idea...a weekend spent in the woods, with my wife and kids, camp fire at night...but it would have been neater if the weather wasn't expected to be drizzly with highs in the upper 50's in the hills this weekend.  Plus...oh boy...it's church sponsored Family Retreat.  I am not sure if this is the type of camping retreat where I can add a dash of peppermint schnapps to my wife's hot chocolate.  I worry how much of the retreat will be camping, and how much will be 'churching'(think I made that up).  I have ZERO problems being the supportive husband for two hours most Sundays, but I am slightly worried that my facade might crack at some point this weekend.

My boss, who also is someone I go hunting with, has told me not to worry too much about that side of the camp.  He said there are prayers before meals, and a service on Sunday, but that is about it.  

The camp has the added advantage of being only a ridge or two over from where I go elk hunting, so we are even talking about slipping away for a bit for some scouting.  Or maybe biscuits and gravy at The Woodshed.

Either way, I'm sure it will be a better weekend than if I was at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment