Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.02.2014

I forgot my training.

Back in my Navy days, we used to joke the NAVY meant: Never Again Volunteer Yourself. 

It seems I have forgotten that.

Today, we are having a moving party for the show I am in.  We are less than two weeks out from opening night, and we need to move the set pieces and the fancy turn-table stage into it's performance location.

It's possible I didn't realize what I was getting in for.  The e-mail in support of this is asking for folks to show up at 7:30AM, and states that 'Lunch Will Be Provided'.

That's usually not a good sign for my ability to use my Sunday in a productive manner at home(or more realistically, drinking beer and watching NASCAR). 

No comments:

Post a Comment