Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.30.2013

Whole Wheat!

It can't be anymore than twice a month that I need to find something to do with the bananas rapidly moving past their use by date on the counter.  Having spent most of the last three days around the oven, I didn't feel like making banana bread, so instead I found this recipe for Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes. 

As usual the first time trying a new recipe, I followed this one as closely as I could, right up to the end, when I decided these pancakes would be a great use for the half bag of chocolate chips in our freezer.  Since that wasn't enough, my older daughter, who LOVES peanut butter and banana sandwiches, asked me if I could spread some peanut butter on the completed product. I did her one better, spreading on some peanut butter and then stacking the pancakes on the griddle.  Finally, since we already had peanut butter involved, I decided that honey would be a better toping than syrup.


Now, that is an energy packed start to the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment