Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.09.2013

Free Birds

Postings been light as I have been out and about for a few days visiting the World's Greatest Nana with my daughters while my wife is off on her own adventure for the weekend. 

Yesterday afternoon, to pass the time, the girls drug my mom and I to go see Free Birds, the new animated movie about two turkeys who travel back in time to end the tradition of turkey for Thanksgiving dinner before it can get started.

'Free Birds' is not a Disney/Pixar movie, which is really all you need to know.  Compared to Up, or Toy Story, or Tangled, or Finding Nemo, it's just very 'meh.  It's lacking in any sort of strong plot, or story telling, or the 'eye-wink' jokes aimed at parents that make the movies I listed above so good.

My kids, the target audience, enjoyed.  My mom and I were less impressed.  I thought the funniest part of the movie was George Takei as the slightly fabulous voice of the time machine, STEVE.  I'm happy for George Takei...after a lifetime of having to run a false flag operation in public, he has been able to embrace what he is since he came out in 2005. 

No comments:

Post a Comment