Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.07.2013

CMA's.

With my wife being out of town, I figured I would settle in and watch the Country Music Awards, since most female country singers are worthy of a 2nd, 3rd, or 58th glance.

Let's join it in progress:

8:04: Good Lord, Carrie Underwood is a doll.  I hope they didn't let anyone sit in the front three rows, or they are getting to see more than they bargained for with that dress. God Bless Al Gore's Internet for already having pictures.  This one is from Zap2it where they are trying to count how many dresses Carrie goes through tonight. 



8:10: Hah...Country Singers and their fans don't like Obamacare...who knew?

8:15: No, no, no...Florida Georgia Line's lite pop-rock song cruise control was NOT better than Miranda Lamberts lite rock-pop song, or Darius Rucker's popped up remake of the bluegrass song Wagon Wheel.

8:25: Casey Musgraves' song Follow Your Arrow was better than Jason Aldean's generic 'look how redneck I am' anthem, Night Train(although, it's not as annoying as other 'look how redneck I am' anthems), AND she has nicer legs. 

8:32: Not one of Lady Antebellum's stronger songs.  Kind of neat to see Hillary Scott still looking like a lady who just had a baby back in July(not even 4 months ago).  Some of these celebrities lose the wait scary fast.

8:43: Little Big Town...that's some good harmony...they are a band that could have found success in any time period of country music. 

8:50: Disagree...Thompson Squared AND Sugarland AND Big and Rich(who I didn't know were still together) are all better than Florida Georgia Line.

8:52 Can't believe they made me wait almost an hour for our first Miranda Lambert sighting...and that's sharing the stage with Keith Urban.   Mrs. Dum Vivimus is my be-all-end-all, but if Miranda ever calls and asks me if I want to go deer hunting with her...I'm saying yes. 

Wait a minute...this show is three hours long?  And I don't know if Miranda is going to end up on stage again?  May end up fast forwarding this...or just hitting the highlights. 

9:02: Taylor Swift is not a highlight(even if she is turning into a stunning woman).  Taylor on stage with an obviously black-mailed Vince Gill and Allison Krause...still not a highlight...but much, much closer.

9:25: The Band Perry.  Perhaps my current favorite country group right now.  Kimberly Perry makes me wish I was 10 years younger.  And richer, and better looking.  And, you know...had an excuse to meet her.  Or, I can just listen to them.  Young lady has some pipes.

9:50: Taylor Swift, special award...blah, blah, blah.  She failed to kiss George Strait's ring...I hope she makes it off the stage before lightening strikes her down.

And that's it...I wanted to watch the tribute to Kenny Rodger's mannequin(you mean that's him!?!?!?!?) but it's almost bed time.  A three hour award show...who's idea is that? 

Fast forwarding to the morning after, I got not problem the big awards that were given after my bed time.  Countries power couple, Miranda Lambert and Blake Shelton won Female and Male Vocalist of the year, and George Strait, on his farewell The Cowboy Rides Away tour, won Entertainer of the Year. 






No comments:

Post a Comment