Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.29.2013

Offically Over

Got the last of the left-overs properly put away today, marking the official end of Thanksgiving.

I purposefully asked my wife to pick up the largest turkey that she could after pursuing the different adds and figuring out which deal was the best. 

The end result was a Twenty-two pound for my two kids, my wife and I.


Well, someone didn't pull their weight, and so when it cooled down, we were left with roughly 6 pounds of meat.  Rather than freeze it, my plan all along(and the reason I asked my wife to pick up such a large bird) was to break out the pressure canner

2.5 hours later...I was done, with 7 new pints of shredded/diced turkey cooling so it could go out in the garage. 

1 comment:

  1. Haven't tried canning turkey yet. I find myself intrigued.

    ReplyDelete