Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.09.2013

Ah...my bed.

Having spent a few days at my moms, it's nice to be back home, even if my wife isn't here...my bed is more comfortable than my moms couch(and I don't feel all restricted trying to sleep in actual pajamas).  She is currently visiting her sister back near the other Washington(I guess it's actually Fredericksburg, but close enough), and won't be home until late Sunday/Early Monday morning.  With her out of town, it seemed right to bring the girls to visit Nana one last time before winter weather makes traveling over the pass a more risky proposition.

It was a good Friday/Saturday.  I've already given a 'meh' review to Free Birds, a movie we drug my mom to see(should have drugged her before dragging her)(actually, I should have let her play Nana in Free Birds with the kids, while I saw Thor 2).  Before we did that though, we spent the morning at The Reptile Zoo in Monroe. 

My younger daughter used it as an opportunity to work on her puppy dog eyes.


Alas, I was strong, and we did not go home with baby alligators.

Or a 10-foot albino alligator.

 
 
The funny thing with snakes is the variety.   We have a nice corn snake at the house...and she is decent sized...probably about 4.5 feet...but she is whip thin for her length compared to most other snakes they had there...our corn snakes is about as big around as my thumb, while there was a western diamondback easily as big around as my wrist, even though it was at least 6 inches shorter than our corn snake.  And not as pretty. 
 
I'm glad my kids are adventurous.  Before leaving they got to handle two of the rosy boas, and they tried their best to be impressed, even though they were half the size of our snake.  What they really wanted to hold was the ball python, but it's a bit heavier, and they only want adults handling it. 
 
 
Maybe now,  I have an excuse to get a new snake...'hey honey, the girls want a ball python because they didn't get to hold one over the weekend!'. 
 
Might need to practice my delivery on that one. 


1 comment:

  1. Hey dude,

    You have BEAUTIFUL daughters and their mother is very pretty also. How in the hell did you ever trick that woman into marrying you. I realize you have a great gift of blarney, but oh my! Anyway, I just want to use this opportunity to tell you this 5th generation Texan really loves your blog from Washington! I love all your hot buttons, guns, work, family, hunting, etc! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete