Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

6.18.2012

Pop Up, Damn you!

Let there be no doubt...after three months, being out of an apartment and back into a house, even if it's a rental, if a huge improvement. 

The only real negative I keep coming back to is being responsible for outside landscape type maintenance again.  I did not miss having to mow the lawn One Little Bit the 18-months we rented an apartment, but I guess that's the price you have to pay to have a garden(which officially has two peppers and a zucchini growing in it now in addition to several tomatoes). 

Mowing and weed-wacking are easy...I mean, you make grass go away...even I can figure that out. 

What I have a harder time figuring out is the sprinkler system.  Per my rental agreement, the home owner is responsible for the underground part of the sprinklers, and the renter is responsible for the sprinkler heads.  This has resulted in a rather mismatched set of sprinkler heads as each tenant fixes what has broken and no more. 

Now it's my turn.  When the irrigation first got turned on earlier in the spring, I had one sprinkler head shoot up into the air, which is an easy problem to identify, and almost as easy to fix.  Two months later, a few growing brown spots let me know that there might be a few other sprinklers having issues, and after a few wet adventures, I am forced to admit that at least two, and possibly three of the heads will require replacing. 

I just worry it's one of those things that once I start fixing and repairing, I'm just going have to replace all of them, and in the end decide I should have just hired a land scape company to take care of everything right the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment