Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

6.23.2012

Couldn't wait any longer...

I've been watching my rapidly developing garden with great interest, as several tomatoes and few peppers are hanging on the plants, while flowers are blooming all over the zucchini. 

Today, the first of my baby squash hit the 6-inch mark, and with 3 or 4 or more only a few days behind, and a total of 7 plants, I decided to harvest my first product today. 



Could it have gone longer?  Sure...it would still be good eating size for another week, probably.  The trick is going to be timing the harvest once they start coming hot and fast.  With another few developing, I decided to pull this one on the early side, and check for bugs or other problems, and let the others go. This lonely sole got diced up and added to some pasta salad for dinner tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment