Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

6.21.2012

No, I won't stop bragging!

After my wife spent the afternoon in the kitchen, slaving a way to can more tasty goods, the least I could do was read the kids their good-night story.  Ah, who am I kidding...it was my night anyway.

When I emerged from the bedroom, I found that my wife had already stolen the remote control, because she said her favorite movie was coming on AMC.  I panicked for a minute, until I saw the first black screen with yellow writing:

-Soviet Union suffers worst wheat harvest in 55 years.

Yes, my wife's favorite movie is Red Dawn.

I feel bad for the guys whose wives would rather watch Breaking Dawn than Red Dawn...which is kind of neat, because in November, the Red Dawn remake is finally scheduled to come out a week after Breaking Dawn, Part 2. 

It's nice to know which one I will be at.  Even if neither my wife nor I have high hopes for the Red Dawn remake(I mean, it would have came out when it was filmed if it good, instead of waiting for Chris Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson to become increasingly big names) we'll still be willing to give it a shot. 

1 comment: