Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

10.25.2010

Nice weekend with the family

So, since it doesn't make sense for me to destroy the environment driving home for just a two day weekend, my wife hooked me up and drove out to the Tri-Cities to visit me with the girls.  It was a great pleasure to come home(well, come back to my friends house where I have been squatting), and have hugs and kisses waiting for me.

Saturday we piled in the car and spent the day looking at new residences, both apartments for the short-term, and houses for the long-term.  Granted, the way the calender lays out, I don't expect any of the actual houses we looked at to still be available when we are ready to buy, but it gave me a chance to show SWMBO some of what I had learned about the area, and get a feel for different neighborhoods.

IF any of the houses we looked at are still available in a few months, I hope it's this one:  http://www.johnlscott.com/propertydetail.aspx?IS=1&ListingID=300707659

It's the one my wife and I both liked the best.  I figure sharing that will ensure it is gone, and that maybe our number two choice will still be available.

Sunday we went to http://www.countrymercantile.com/

Neat store, but the also have a corn maze and pumpkin patch.  We have a few rituals each year...one of them we try to do each year is hit up a corn maze.  It was a good time.  Raining when we got there, then we had two hours of sun before the rain came back in again.

The rain gave me a good excuse to whip up a HUGE batch of soup. I make a pretty fair imitation of Zuppa Tuscana(potato, kale and sausage soup from Olive Garden).  If I do say so myself, it was pretty tasty.

Sunday night, the wife and kids came to check out my new temporary housing.  The company I am working for has a generous relocation package, part of which is covering temporary housing...in this case, they will reimburse me to stay in corporate housing...essentially a 1 bedroom furnished apartment.  It's nice...made my friends sad when I told them I was going to move out on them, but I think it was time.

My hosts told me I was welcome to stay as long as I wished, and I believed them...but, the fact is, I like to sit around in my underwear and pick lint out of my belly-button sometimes, and I didn't feel comfortable doing that in their living room.  Now, in 'MY' living room, I can do that.

In fact, I think I'm gonna get going on that right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment