Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

10.04.2010

Abestos is Bad!

So, since most facilities at the Hanford site were built during the 'Win the War/Cold War' hey-days from the 40's through the 60's, it's almost a given that you are going to encounter asbestos as some point.  So, they take their asbestos training seriously.  Because, 'It's the Law'. 

Not a bad training session though.  The guy giving it did his best with a dry subject matter.  and I was flying on diet Dr. Pepper and Peanut Butter M & M's.  Yum.  If only I hadn't cheaped out and had bought a bag of pretzel M&M's to mix with the peanut ones.  The instructor had  neat story about a guided Caribou hunt he and his wife went on up in Alaska a few weeks ago...sounded like a good time, and maybe day dreaming about that helped the class to go faster.  All that matters is in the end, I passed my 20 question quiz.  Mission successful. 

It was a very nice day here today, from a climate point of view...about 74 degrees, a few high fluffy clouds.  Certainly weather I can get used to.  Not good for hunters though.  One of my co-workers attempted to head out for the opener of muzzle loader elk season this weekend, and the temperature peaked out at about 85 degrees on him.  Creating quite the visual picture, he lamented the fact that he didn't have a camo thong to wear. 

Deer season for me starts in a week, but I am not sure I will go.  I have the tags, but if it comes to choosing between seeing my family and looking for Bambi, I will probably choose family.  Now, when Elk season opens Halloween weekend, it might be I choose the elk hunting.  We will have to see how stuff is going with the house sale, and if my wife and girls get a chance to come here and visit me instead. 

Other than that, I picked up a few Papa's Murphy pizza's for my adopted family, so it is approaching time to kick back and hope the Patriots can beat up on the Dolphins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment