Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

10.02.2010

Chuck E. Cheese is the Anti-Christ

Bitter-sweet Saturday today, for a few reasons. 

We had youngest daughters birthday party today.  I am glad my new jobs schedule gave me the opportunity to be home for it, even if the party did take place at Chuckee Cheeze's.  Bitter-sweet because my baby is turning 5, and bitterer-sweeter because my job will have me out of town on Tuesday when it is her actual birthday. 

Chuck E. Cheeze is Satan.  And I know he is Satan because he found a way to ruin one of natures perfect foods...pizza.  I know for a fact I would enjoy anything equal to or greater than Red Baron purchased at the local store more than I would enjoy Chuck E. Cheese's pizza.  Blah...even more blah when it gets cold, which is how you will eat is as a parent at a birthday party.  And not cheap...4 single topping, card-board crust pizzas, 16 drinks and some amount of tokens cost me more than 1/10th of an ounce of gold today. 

Some folks would say the smiles were worth it.  I guess.  I do know our kids and those that were invited had fun...I had fun proving my superiority over 8-12 year old in various games of skill, and we had cupcakes...what more could a guy want? 

Beer you say?  Well, Chuckee's does serve alcohol...two flavors of wine(that comes out of taps)...'Chardonay' and 'Blush'  Riunite on Ice..so nice.  And they had two choices for beer...Coors Light and...'Ridge Top Red'!!!?!?!?!?!!  From the famed Silver City Brew Pub?  Say it isn't so...that is actually a very fine quality, locally made brew...very surprised to see it at Chuck E. Cheese, even if it being made like 400 yards away.

I was able to refrain though...luckily, the guy in front of me was tempted, and I was cured of my desire when I saw the 12oz 'large' cup he ordered for $4. 

Following the party, we had a meeting at our house with the real estate agent.  He had done more research and found out:

Good: He may have initially under-estimated how much we would be able to list our house for.

Bad: He had the paperwork to show that the average 'on the market' time for houses like ours was 180 days.  Ouch

So, instead of having to fight to put the price higher than he felt wise, I actually found myself talking to him about putting the price a little lower than we might have been able to go in an effort to move the house in a more timely manner. 

That, and he dug out the paperwork to prove our house is even bigger than we thought it was...1974 square feet.  Which explains why the 900sf apartments I was looking at last week seemed so small. 

Anyway...we signed a contract with him, and Tuesday he will come by for pictures, and then the house will list.  Officially since we are under contract already, it is already for sale...so anyone wanting to pony up $189,000 for a beautiful starter house that you have heard me complain about for the last month is welcome to it.  Get it now before a bidding war starts. 

Tomorrow it is up early to load the truck to head back to the Tri-cities...means now it is time to go snuggle with my wife and get ready to watch The Dish...dig me some Topanga...

No comments:

Post a Comment