Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

10.28.2010

Heading out

Gonna be off-line for a few days...heading up into the hills south of Naches for my attempt at Elk hunting.  I have gone from not having enough stuff to bring hunting to having WAY too much stuff for what is two days worth of hunting.  And I still need to stop at Wal-mart on my way out of town...need to get some beer(I think PBR), some snacky foods(Pop-Tarts!) and a package of cheap nasty cigars(Swisher-Sweets are the normal choice). 

Hopefully, I don't forget the guns...my primary elk gun is a Remington Model 700 chambered in .35 Whelen...a kind of goofy caliber choice, but as a kid something about the cartridge intriqued me, and as an adult, I don't often scratch my 'Just for the Hell of It' itch.  Granted, when it's time to buy ammo, I DO wish I had gone with something a little more conventional, like a .30-06. 

Sooner or later, I might actually get to shoot an elk with my rifle.

One thing to leave you with.  I am recently digging the Hell out of this song AND video.  It's dirty as all hell, but allow to present Cee Lo Green....F#&k You(yes, it is the UNcensored version.)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc0mxOXbWIU

No comments:

Post a Comment