Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

10.04.2010

Ballot Measures

So, pretty big election cycle coming up in a couple of weeks.  A senate race, and NINE statewide ballot measures. 

DISCLAIMER:  These are my opinions.  Voting is your Sacred Right(some say duty). I am guessing that just because you are reading this doesn't mean you agree with 100%.  Heck...even SWMBO and I are going to vote differently.  If I can not convince the love of my life that I am error free, then what hope do I have for society at large.  Besides, you might not even be a Washington Resident. 

Since Washington has a heinous top-two Primary, there is no Libertarian to vote for senate, so thinking happy thoughts for Dino Rossi over Patty Murray.  As I drive back and forth between Belfair and Richland...I don't see many Patty Murray signs.  It could be a sign she is losing, or...more realistically, she is concentrating on the I-5 corridor.  If she takes Pierce, King and Snohomish counties, and breaks even in Spokane...the rest of the state doesn't really matter. 

So...State Wide Ballot Measures:

1st.  LCRA(Legislatively-referred constitutional amendment)  Washington_Judge_Bail_Authority_Amendment_(2010)

My understanding is that this is somewhat of a knee jerk reaction to the Lake Wood Police Officer Killings, where a previously convicted person, out on parole for another crime, killed a few officers.  Bad thing.  I am for it(the amendment, not killing police officers.)  Can't think of anything wrong with it...it doesn't REQUIRE the with holding of bail, just allows it. 

The only real negative voice is the ACLU, which says this could be like finding someone guilty without a trial.  Cry me a river.  As long as they don't combine this with also with holding the right to a speedy trial, I have no problem with it.


2nd.  LCRA Washington_State_Debt_Limits_Amendment_(2010)

To quote Jules: English Mother*#^$...do you speak it?!?!?!

I'm voting no.  It looks like some mumbo-jumbo voodoo speak to allow them to use weasel words to recalculate the maximum allowed debt for the state.  Stop trying to work around stuff!!!!!!!  FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!!

3rd.  Washington_Schools_Energy_Efficiency_Projects,_Referred_Bill_52_(2010)

Weaseling around not having enough money...again.  My first instinct is no, especially as SWMBO and I lean towards home-schooling. And Bonds are just another way of using money you don't really have.  Sooner or later, the bands will come due..then what? 

IN the end...no.  Not for funding an 'Energy Efficiancy' job creation package.  Smaller class-sizes and better schools MIGHT have tugged at my heart-strings, but not a job creation plan. 

Gosh, politics is fascinating.  I think maybe three measures is enough for now...I think the Monday Night Football pre-game is starting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment