Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

10.18.2010

Long Weekend

       Got to piss all over the environment again this weekend, driving to Belfair and back for the purely selfish reason of seeing my wife and kids.  That's right just me, my F-150 and 31 gallons of unleaded gasoline, just for a little huggy, and kissing and giggling.  And since The World revolves around me my world revolves around my wife and kids, yes it was worth it.  Especially since I am choosing not believe in global warming this week. 




        By making the decision to destroy the Earth for future generations, just to see my wife and kids, I feel it obliges me to do certain things...like actually spend time with my wife and kids.  Which means less time to sit on the computer alone and type long soliloquies about how jacked-up my life is.  Don't feel bad though.  Saturday was opening day of deer season in Western Washington, and I actually rolled over at 5:30 Saturday and thought about getting up to go hunting for a few hours, before I decided the right thing to was snuggle back in with my wife and then be there to make pancakes for breakfast for my girls.

I'm a softy like that. 

The weekend home was okay...got a few small things done, like spray painting the numbers out on our street pole to match the trim of the house, mowing the lawn, spreading some more seed to fill in dirt areas, spreading chemicals to kill weeds where they were starting to come up through our bark, and ripping out another 40 pound container of bamboo runners.  I hate them...next time I will have to take pictures of them...they look like huge alien centipedes I have to dig up out of the yard. 

Saturday night a friend of ours was having a house warming party up in Poulsbo, so we went to that.  One of SWMBO's friends was nice enough to watch the kids overnight.  Our friends have a nice place...a 2600SF log cabin...we were there the night they moved in, and now get to see it decorated.  Having a log cabin DOES rope you into a certain form of interior decorating.  I am not certain I could handle 2600SF of that  style for the next 20 years.   I know my wife couldn't handle it...she breaks out in hives if she can't repaint a wall every 6-months. 

Sunday was back to Richland...a very picturesque drive that anyone who ever considers Washington 'boring' should make.  Take from me as someone who has driven cross-country twice...Washington is as beautiful of a state as there is.  Other states or locales might have a stunning vista or two, but from end to end, there is more to see here than any other place I have been. 

Monday(catching us back up) was back to work.  And it was a trying day.  My two friends most responsible for luring me here(one my boss, the other my mentor) were both gone all day at training and meetings.  So, I was kind of on my own with a bunch of still unfamiliar faces.  It was the first day where I kind of found myself questioning if maybe I didn't make the move for the right reason.  The feeling was compounded sitting in traffic trying to get back to my friends house, where I have been gratefully staying the last several weeks.  It is a nice house, and they are great people...but there are no hugs and kisses waiting for me when I get home. 

On the home front, my wife called with good news(or at least progress) from our real estate agent.  Saturday he is planning an open house from 12-3, and next Tuesday he is having some kind of broker showing.  Hopefully, this will get our place some quick exposure, and a happy couple, looking for the biggest square footage for the dollar return, will buy our house.  YAY...happy ending everywhere! 

Wait a minute..is that flying monkey's I feel crawling out of my butt?

No comments:

Post a Comment