Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.21.2014

Technically, it's a good thing.

Well, it looks like I am going to get to make 2 trips to California within a 6 week period.  A few months ago, my older daughter completed a couple of online exams, and then last week, quite out of the blue, we got an e-mail inviting my daughter to come to Los Angeles to audition for the Jeopardy Kids Week.

As someone who takes the online Jeopardy screening exam every time I can, I am extremely proud of my daughter.  We have already booked the plane tickets for her and I to fly down to Los Angeles in the middle of June to attend the audition.

Yes, I am a very proud father...but...I do kind of wish I had been able to find out how many kids are being invited to Los Angeles for this next step in the process.  If she does good, and she is invited to actually compete on the show, then travel expenses are paid for.  Going down for the audition though?  Entirely out of pocket.  And a semi-last minute(less than a months notice) flight to LA plus a hotel and rental car, are not cheap. 

Hey...it's all well and good to say 'I will spare no expense for my child's happiness...but this is the real world.  I wish we had been able to work this into the trip we just MADE to California. 

At least I'm not trying to go super-cheap and say we are driving down and back this time. 

Now the only thing I need to do is get my daughter to start practicing her Sean Connery accent. 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Indeed, you have a reason to be proud, and no matter what the outcome she will have a wonderful time. One of our local Indy blog meet members, a young lady, just out of college, and out of work at the time, competed and had the BEST time, even if she didn't win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using RentalCars you can get affordable car rental at over 49000 international locations.

    ReplyDelete