Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.27.2014

Now, that is GOOD.

Several weeks ago, while buzzing through a Trader Joe's near my mom's house, on a total whim we picked up a jar of 'Speculoos Cookie & Cocoa Swirl'.


After buying it(wrong order!) I found out the Speculoos is a type of shortbread cookie, and that in Europe it is available in a spread form.  So...shortbread and chocolate swirl.  Even after the fact, that sounds pretty okay...but with no immediate need for it, it went out into the garage.

Until I came home from work today.  It was not a good day...and I can't even really say why.  Oh...not for security or anything....it's just...not good.  Lacking in satisfaction and fulfillment.  Just kind of a pity party type of day.  SO...I went home and opened up this bad boy.  I guess on one hand it's a step-up....in years back after a day like this, I would have popped open a beer or three, or hit a fast food drive-through(yeah, I'm an emotional eater). 

I was totally unprepared for the party in my mouth that was going to come out of this jar.  In fact, as I put a second spoonful in my mouth, there was only one way I could describe it.


No comments:

Post a Comment