Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.08.2014

Done in.

Holy Moly...I didn't know a vacation could be this tiring. 

Yesterday, we visited SeaWorld here in San Diego, and after days of not taking proper care of myself or taking the correct precautions, I got 'too much sun' on my face, neck and forearms.  I mean, it was a long day to begin with...we went out for breakfast prior to hitting the park 3 minutes after it opened, and then stayed until 20 minutes before they closed.  Even on a day when it doesn't get over 70, that is a recipe for sun burn.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

It was a fun say...but by the time we got back to  our place last night, I was done.  I kept head-bobbing while trying to get pictures on facebook and here...and then gave up.

The whales and dolphin show was as neat as I thought they would be, and there were a few relaxing moments. 


They had these huge tanks with these little sucker fish, that basically come in and chew all the dirt and dead skin off your hands.  People pay good money for this at some fancy spas!  My wife...she was a little skeeved out by this...but afterwards(and after washing her hands), she grudgingly admitted that her hands felt smoother and softer than they had in weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment