Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

9.05.2013

I hope he burns.

I'm not the most religious guy, as far as following any particular book or dogma.  Ideas of the traditional Heaven and Hell are beyond me...mine is not to reason why.  However...there are times I hope that all those folks are right, and that there is a pit of fire waiting for the truly evil ones out there.  That way folks like Ariel Castro, who 'apparently' committed suicide yesterday, won't be able to escape the punishment they deserve. 

As a taxpayer and a proponent of justice, I happy that this piece of trash did himself in, saving the taxpayers the expense of keeping him fed and warm in prison the rest of his life(well, I guess we did have to keep him fed and warm the rest of his life...that just turned out to be shorter than we thought it would).  I simply wish it had been part of his initial sentence. 

Although, this might be the best case...we don't have the expense of a capital punishment type trial and appeal process, and we are now rid of the guy. 

1 comment:

  1. As hard nosed as I can come across, I... am torn. Suicide ends any opportunity a man would have at being saved, spiritually. As well, it might show some level of shame. Then again those who don't even try, the shameless, such as Manson, seem to live forever and infect the world around them until they do finally die.

    I can agree with the death penalty because those so decreed have the time to their death, usually many years, to change their ways.

    Dunno, just... thinking. On your side of things? I do believe in hell. Suicide ended me in purgatory (if I didn't know the thing at the time, it made sense when I came to my faith understandings). But my suicide was from great psychic pain, not unwashed guilt. I guess God does... give thought to things. I heard whispers of a dark place, a place of tears and woe, and could plainly 'see' the gates of heaven. I do believe. I just hope no one has to go there but know many will. It's not something I can wish on most, and regret at some point even on those I do.

    ReplyDelete