Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.03.2013

Now THAT can hold something.

Didn't get as much done at the house yesterday as I wanted to, so I decided I would prove my motivation by heading over before the Superbowl started.  The goal for the day was replacing the shelf under the stairs with something more manly.

This isn't the first 'before picture'...it would have had saggy drywall installed over the wood, with that sad looking middle piece of trim that wouldn't have supported a fly, let alone a box of shells. 


The first thing was replacing that middle piece, with something a bit more supportive, a couple of 1 x 4's

 
Over the top of that, I laid a bunch more 1 x 4's...with the degree of difficulty increased by the fact that the original cross beams aren't exactly perfect, going from about 30.5 inches apart on the right, to 32 apart on the left.  I tend to be a function over form guy though, so I'm pretty happy with the final result.
 
 
Now...that looks like it can hold some ammo. 
 
Mission complete, I am preparing to kick back on the couch, and watch some football.  The beer for the day is Blue Moon, the food is some roasted garlic Triscuits with some hummus, and then a pork shoulder for pulling that has been in the oven for about 7 hours now.  Truthfully, I am not emotionally attached to either team, but I do have a few pool's I'm in...and I'm looking forward to the commercials and movie trailers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment