Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.06.2013

Hair on fire!

Had one of those 'Argh...we are moving in less than 5 days!' days today.  We got call yesterday from our current landlord saying that they already had three people interested in looking at the house, and would we mind allowing a few showings during the day this week.  Wanting to play nice, my wife agreed, but it caused no small amount of chaos, and cleaning.

My big involvement was replacing the blinds in three of the rooms.  Due to kids, and cats, and life, a few of the blinds were looking worse for the wear, and I decided I would rather replace them than have the property management group take it out of my security deposit. 

Between the blinds(which I had to go to home depot and buy) and my wife working hard to clean so we present a good front, it was after 9 before we were able to sit down on the couch and enjoy a glass of wine(Terra Blanca '02 Malbec...very, very, tasty) and watch America's Country Test Kitchen. 

That's an okay way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment