Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.17.2013

I sense a shifting of the target demographic.

With the disclaimer that I am in fact a guy, and I am in my mid(soon to be late) 30's...I don't mind when my daughters watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  While I don't camp in front of the TV with them like I do when Phineas and Ferb is on, I do keep an ear out for the TV.  There is just enough subversiveness in it to keep me interested.

I'm guessing they intend it to be that way, if you can read anything into their newest promo commercial.



When you are running spoofs of the Dos Equis commercial, I think you are shifting the target audience a bit from Under 14 Girl demographic. 

It also means I'm not as creepy as I feared I was.

1 comment:

  1. That is so... disruptive to my notions, if not necessarily in a bad way (yet) that I have no idea what to even write. I certainly have no idea what to think. I don't get a bad sense, though. If anything, I am almost of the notion that they are trying to connect daughter with dad? But I can't say. Very odd, new, perhaps refreshing.

    So, I think I'm saying... I'm with you on the idea that this is new and quite different, curious as to what they are up to. I'll... have a beer and think on it. :p

    ReplyDelete