Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.13.2015

Nice weather means work.

Cost vs. Convenience time.  In the past, I have bought the soil/compost for my raised beds by the bag.  Now,  that is more expensive, but the 1 or 2 cubic foot bags are not too tough to move from place to place.

Today, I went the other direction.  It was looking like I was going to need somewhere between 20-25cubic feet to top off the beds after doing some serious weed/root removal. So...pricing all that up vs. just buying a Yard of compost for $47...well, the cheap side of me won out.


Now, I'm going to have to deal with the lack of convenience.  I kind of forgot that I don't have a wheel barrel anymore...and, so, yeah...I'm stuck moving this with a couple of 5-gallon buckets.  No single load is too heavy...but, instead of 15 trips carrying 2 c.f. bags up on my manly shoulders, I've got to make something like 50 trips, carry a bucket on each side.

Sniff.

I probably didn't need to waste my time working out this morning. 

Instead, I'll just keep telling myself how good that beer will taste tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment