Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.24.2015

Happy Birthday!

Because I need something I can put up quickly, and an excuse to post a picture of a hot red-head is always in order, it's time to wish a Happy Birthday to Alyson Hannigan, perhaps the best thing to ever come out of Washington D.C.

picture borrowed from www.stylebistro.com
Depending on your age, you would probably associate Alyson as either Band Camp Girl Michelle from the American Pie movies, Lily(from How I Met Your Mother), or Willow(from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

All three are in my temporal wheelhouse...but as much as I liked Lily, Willow is the role where she shows her chops. Going from meek 'willowy' best friend to the most powerful character on the show, Alyson did it all on Buffy.  It doesn't seem possible that she is turning 41 today, which actually makes her a year older than me, rather than the 5-8 years younger she looks.

Of course, on Buffy, she was able to easily pass as a high school student in both Buffy and American Pie when she was actually 24...good for her, and her husband of 11 years, who has played some great roles on Buffy, Angel, How I Met Your Mother, and Grimm.

No comments:

Post a Comment