Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.03.2015

Because any advertising is good advertising.

The Mid-Columbia Mastersingers, to which I belong, is doing a fund-raiser this weekend, and like most fundraising event dinners, there will be a silent auction run as part of the fundraiser...but instead of just limiting it to people attending the dinner, the auction is actually being run online, through a website called biddingforgood.com.

Currently there are 76 items up for bid in the auction, and while for some of them you probably need to live in the Tri-cities area, there are a few things you could buy and get shipped to you.

Because my wife and I are not going to be able to go to the fundraising dinner, I wanted to donate something special to the auction, and after talking things over with my wife, we agreed to donate a special wine tasting at our house, which you can find the details of here

It's going to be pretty sweet.  A few years ago, I fell deeply, deeply in love with Malbec...a wine variety that is known for being produced in Argentina and California, but also benefits from the hot summers we have in Eastern Washington.  I was lucky enough to be at Terra Blanca one day when they had a 2002 Malbec open for tasting...and it was the best wine I have ever had in my life.  After buying a few bottles at list price, I got even luckier a month or two later when Terra Blanca offered up a Vertical Malbec Special...wines from 2002-2006. 

Well...for this auction, I am offering up something I have been wanting to do from day one, but haven't been able to justify...a blind tasting to see if there is a detectable difference from year-to-year.  So, yeah...it's a little greedy, because I fully intend to pour a splash for myself as well as for the person/persons who win the auction...but...what an opportunity.  If you have been looking for an excuse to come to  the Tri-cities and try wine...I might even be willing to make my guest room downstairs available to the right winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment