Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

9.26.2014

Keep on chugging

It's that time of year again...pumpkin beer is showing up in the stores, and once again, I'm on the prowl for one I might actually spend money on a second time.  This time, I might have actually found one. 


Elysian's Punkuccino...a Coffee Pumpkin Ale. 

There is a lot going on here...but it all kind of works.  The coffee flavor is bigger than the pumpkin flavor...but that is okay in my book.  It doesn't have a lot of 'spices' to it, so it doesn't end up tasting like a Pumpkin Spice Latte.  It tastes like beer with coffee overtones and a light pumpkin flavor at the finish. 

I wouldn't mind buying this one again...I just have to decide if I want to drink this one again, or try on of the other choices showing up in the store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment